The Chamber Updates
We Are Busy Planning Our 2 New BIG Events
We have been busy working on our two BIG events which will be coming in 2021. Details for our 1st Annual Farmer’s Market at The Hilton Garden Inn-Owings Mills will be announced very soon.
The Market will begin in May and run through November on Wednesday’s from 10am-2pm.
If you would like to be considered to be a vendor or a sponsor reach out to Emily Winters at firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have our 1st Annual Golf Outing which will be held at the beautiful Eagle’s Nest Country Club. This event will be on September 13th. Get your clubs out and find your team so you can start practicing as spring comes soon
There will be many sponsorship opportuities available. If you are interested in learning more contact Kathleen Dorsey at email@example.com
Wondering How The Northwest Chamber Supports
Their Member Businesses?
The biggest to become part of a Chamber of Commerce is the support which that chamber gives its members. The Northwest Chamber prides itself on the benefits which we offer to each and every one of our valued members. Here are a few ways which we give support:
1. We show up! Above is a picture of our Executive Director and COO having happy hour at Jose Tequila’s- Owings Mills recently. And guess who they ran into?! The crew from our member Home2 Suites- Oiwngs Mills having their own happy hour. This happens more often then you know! We love visiting our members. If you would like us to come by your establishment, let us know!
2. We give you marketing and PR opportunities for FREE. Our Facebook page as well as this newsletter are popular places where people see not only what WE are up to, but also YOU- our members. Send us your news and promotions and we will push that out for you.
3. Interviews– When COVID began, we didn’t sit in a corner. We found other ways to still give value to our members. We launched our Member Interview Series and our host, Emily Winters, would love to interview YOU! These interviews are recorded and shared on Thursdays. You can use this video for your own marketing as well.
4. We listen- We want to hear from you, our membership, so we can learn what you enjoy as well as new ideas that you may have for us to become even more supportive.
5.Networking galore! Once again, COVID put a damper on all of our normal networking opportunities, but we didn’t let that get us down. We launched virtual happy hours, game nights and other fun virtual activities which can keep us safe while also meeting each other.
6. Matchmaking: Emily and Kathleen LOVE to connect our members with each other. If you would like to meet another member, contact them and they will be happy to introduce you to them.
6. Education– We launched our Webinar Wednesday series in January 2020, and it came in handy during our shutdown! We have had educational webinars on subjects such as digital marketing, mindset, financial literacy and more. If you would like to be a webinar presenter, contact Kathleen Dorsey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Members- What benefits do you want to take advantage of?
Non-Members- Join to receive this amazing support! Quartlery payment plans are available
Meet Gary McCammon
and Susan Seaman
Follow Our YouTube Channel HERE to see all of these interviews and more.
Meet Gary McCammon of Spike Consulting
Meet Gary McCammon of Spike Consulting. Gary helps families navigate the college tuition maze. Gary shares not only why he began his business, but also some fun facts too!
Meet Susan Seaman of Black Eyed Susan
Our Executive Director, Emily Winters, has a great talk with Susan Seaman, the owner of Black Eyed Susan Coffee Candy Cream & More which
offers coffees, candies, cremes & more. Their Maryland-themed gifts and baskets are always a hit! Get to know Susan by watching her interview.